Joe Kazimierczyk (Joe Kaz for short) is a landscape painter
working in a traditional and realistic style.
Using oils, Joe paints many of his smaller works outdoors, on
location, en plein air.
Working this way has its challenges but Joe is trying to overcome these
challenges to paint larger canvases outdoors.
Currently, his larger works are usually done in the studio,
working in either oil or acrylic, based on his plein air studies,
photographs and memories.
Joe is happiest painting the land he is familiar with
and the majority of his paintings are done within a few miles of where he
Being an avid bicyclist gives Joe a means of
exploring the back roads, and many of his paintings are scenes along his
favorite cycling routes.
Joe also creates hand-built ceramics, carved wooden bowls and sculpture.
A life long resident of New Jersey, Joe lives on the Sourland Mountain near
Neshanic Station and is primarily self-taught as an artist.
Joe has been
painting for years but has only been exhibiting his paintings since the spring
Since then, he has been accepted into 7 juried shows,
has received 5 awards, and has a painting in the
permanent collection of the Mercer County Cultural and Heritage Commission in
The beauty of nature is my muse and I most enjoy
painting scenes that I am familiar with - the places that I love and see often
in my daily travels.
My hope is that when people see my work, they will see the same beauty which
inspired me to paint it.
- Solo Show - Hopewell Frame Shop and Gallery, Hopewell, NJ
- Prallsville Mills Invitational Art Show - Prallsville Mills, Stockton, NJ
- Lambertville and the Surrounding Area 27th Annual - Coryell Gallery at
the Porkyard, Lambertville, NJ
- "Local Landscapes" (solo show) Bell's Tavern, Lambertville, NJ, 2006
- Featured Artist (solo show) Harrison Street Gallery,
Frenchtown, NJ, 2006
- Landscape2 (2 man show), Artists' Gallery,
Lambertville, NJ, 2006
- "From Easton to Bristol, Scenes from the Valley", juried exhibtion at the
Howard Gallery of Fine Art, New Hope, Pa, 2006
- Ellarslie Open, juried exhibition at The Trenton City Museum (the
Ellarslie Mansion), Trenton, NJ, 2005, 2006
- Mercer County Artists, juried exhibition, Mercer County Community
College, West Windsor NJ, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Montgomery Center for the Arts, juried exhibition at The 1860 House,
Skillman, NJ, 2005, 2006
- Artsbridge Members Show, at The Art Colony at Prallsville Mills,
Stockton, NJ, 2005
- Images of the Mills, Prallsville Mills in Stockon, NJ,
presented by The Delaware River Mill Society 2005
- Phillips Mill, juried art exhibtion, New Hope, Pa, 2005
- Lacey Family Award for small landscape in oil - 2008, Phillips Mill,
New Hope, Pa.
- Best In Show for Painting - 2006, Ellarslie Open XXIV,
the Trenton City Museum in Trenton, NJ
- 2nd Place - 2006, "From Easton to Bristol,
Scenes from the Valley", juried exhibtion at the Howard Gallery of Fine
Art, New Hope, Pa.
- Purchase Award - 2005, Mercer County Cultural & Heritage Commission;
- Promotion Selection Award - 2005, The Delaware River Mill Society,
Stockton, NJ. The Mill Society will be using an image of my painting
on notecards which will be used to help raise funds to preserve, and to
raise awareness of the historic Prallsville Mills industrial complex.
- Shaun M. Miller Memorial Award for small landscapes - 2005, Phillips
Mill, New Hope, Pa.
- Honorable Mention - 2003 Winemaker Magazine
label design contest
- Mercer County (NJ) Cultural & Heritage Commission
- NJ Department of Human Services
Publications in which my work appears:
- Fine Woodworking Design Book Four, published by The Taunton Press -
a carved wooden bowl
- "What Stinks?", a children’s book published by Darby Creek
Publishing - photograph of a Harvestman spider
- Board of Trustees, Artsbridge, Lambertville, NJ